Monday, January 14, 2008

Schools back for the 2nd semester!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas break from college and the holiday festivities. Now it is time to get back to class. Philosophy began today and nursing research begins tomorrow. These two classes are only 8 weeks long with a lot crammed into them. It will go by FAST! Just like the first semester, and then there will be graduation in May! Our 11 year old daughter is almost finished with basketball and looking forward to track. We usually make one trip a week, but try to make it two, to the Chiropractor for her Scoliosis treatments. Two would be preferred by the Chiropractor and myself, now that school is back in for all of us we can settle into more of our usual routine again. I have been checking into fast pitch softball camps, basketball camps, and golf camps for girls in the age ranges of 11 and up. I believe sports is extremely beneficial for girls in helping with self esteem and social interactions, and because it is a lot of fun. I may have to get a few books and videos and give it a go because I do not see very many choices or programs in the Tishomingo Oklahoma area. I have come across a fast pitch camp possibility for 11 year olds at the University of Oklahoma. I have also found a basketball camp that looks excellent coming to the Ardmore Oklahoma area. As for golf, we have enough land, and our son has set up a make shift driving range that we can practice on. We also have a nine hole course only 5 minutes away to practice putting and to play on. I really don't have any reason to keep us from doing these activities other than lack of energy at times, and lack of motivation at times. I need to psyche myself up and get to it for the little one. We both need the exercise and companionship, that extra mother daughter together time doing fun stuff. Will try to get things in order and we will see what happens by the posts. Guess I better get back to work. Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments: